CARING FOR YOUR NEW MATTRESS
Congratulations on the purchase of your new mattress from BEDZZZ TWEED HEADS!
At BEDZZZ we care how you sleep, so we have compiled a few hints to ensure both you and your mattress have a long and healthy life.
The spring units inside modern mattresses require a firm, even and supportive base. If you have purchased your base from Bedzzz, you’re good to go! If you’re using an existing base (whether it’s a slat base or an ensemble base) you need to make sure of the following:
- SOLID TIMBER SLATS – No greater than 80mm apart
- (for Ensembles –you can feel for the slats under the fabric)
- SOLID WIRE MESH – No greater than 75mm apart (square type configuration)
- SOLID SURFACE (EG PLYWOOD) – of reasonable strength with supports underneath
*Curved Posture Slats and Old-style Sprung bases are not acceptable
- Rotate your mattress every 2 weeks for the first 2 months, then every season (3 months) thereafter. This will ensure the mattress wears evenly and will extend it’s life significantly.
- Always use a mattress protector. This is both a condition of the warranty and a condition of Bedzzz’s 30 Night Comfort Guarantee
- It will take some time to get used to your new mattress. Bedzzz offer a 30 Night Comfort Guarantee to ensure you’re happy with the comfort of your new mattress, we highly recommend you try it for at least 7 nights to give your body a chance to get used to your new mattress. Remember, you’ve probably been in your old mattress for many years so it will take some time!
- Use deep-walled sheets. It’s surprising how tight-fitting sheets can change the feel of your mattress (we call it the “trampoline effect”). Tight sheets will make your mattress feel firmer than it really is. To combat this, purchase sheets that have a wall depth at least 10cm deeper than your new mattress (i.e put 40cm sheets on a 30cm deep mattress)
- Mattresses do the majority of their “wearing in” early in their life. Don’t be concerned if you see small body impressions in your mattress after a few weeks. They will tend to plateau and stay that way for many years. More information on Body Impressions can be found in your warranty card that will come with your mattress)
ENJOY YOUR SLEEP & WAKE UP RENEWED AND REFRESHED! (That’s the plan!)
Please don’t hesitate to give Jaime or Vivienne a call on 0755248842 if you have any questions.